Has anyone ever tried the tortilla soup from Max & Ermas? It’s amazing! I was incredibly bummed when the closest restaurant to us closed. I CRAVE their soup (and their cookies). I went on a mission to come up with a copy cat version and I nailed it!!! Not only is it super delicious but it’s easy!
- 2 to 4 frozen chicken breasts (depending on size)
- 1 can of salsa (get a kind you really like)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 container (32 oz) chicken broth
- Optional: 1 can of black beans, frozen corn, shredded cheese, tortilla strips
- Place frozen chicken (yes, frozen) in bottom of the Crock Pot (I used a liner but you can also spray non stick spray)
- Sprinkle taco seasoning on top of chicken
- Pour salsa and then the the chicken broth on top (Note: you can also add frozen corn or beans to this)
- Cook on high for 6 hours
- About 30-45 minutes before you’re ready to eat, shred the chicken with a fork and put the lid back on!
- You can top this with cheese and tortilla strips once you put it in bowls to serve (YUM!)
I serve this with salad and breadsticks, it’s the perfect meal! Enjoy!! I know you’re going to LOVE this!!
I’m way behind on sharing recipes so I will be posting a lot in the next week or two, be on the lookout. I have more time to cook new meals now that I’m a stay at home mom.