If you’ve been a reader of my blog for any time at all, you can tell we LOVE photos! We take a ton both professionally and ourselves. I get a lot of questions on how I get good pictures of my kids, so I thought I’d share my tips with you:
- Pick the best time of the day for your family! You need to pick a time that works best for your kids, meaning when will they be in a good mood? Mornings are not good for us (besides my husband, the other 3 of us aren’t morning people). My kids like to take their nap in the early afternoon so that is also out. I try to schedule pictures in late afternoon or early evening! Find the best time that works for your family!
- Eat a snack or meal right before! Make sure your kids are full (but not overly stuffed) because they will most likely be in better moods and will smile!
- Wear comfortable clothes! I spend a long time coordinating outfits (I’ll do another post on that in the future) but the most important thing is make sure your kids are comfortable in their outfits! If something is bothering them, they will let you know and the pictures will show!
- Go with the flow! I’ll be the first to admit, I’m not always a go with the flow kind of girl. I’m a Type A planner but I’ve learned it’s nearly impossible to get toddlers to do exactly what you want.Some of my favorite pictures are the pictures that weren’t posed or planned, these show my kids true personalities.
- Trust your photographer! You hired your photographer for a reason, she is good at what she does! Follow her lead and trust her, she knows what she’s doing!
We recently had some amazing family photos taken in downtown Charleston by the talented, Olga Chagarov Photography. Make sure you check out her website!! She’s fabulous!! She also wrote a post on How to Prepare Your Kids for a PhotoShoot.
Here are a few more of our family pictures! Thanks again,Olga Chagarov Photography for these amazing photos!!