Last week I made spaghetti squash and homemade garlic bread! Below you will find both recipes! This is my first time making spaghetti squash and surprisingly it was really good (my husband even liked it), however, it is a lot of work compared to normal spaghetti.
2 small spaghetti squash (as long as they will usually fit in your Crock Pot)
1. Wash the squash thoroughly with soap and water
2. Pierce 4-5 times with a knife
3. Cook on High for 3-4 hours or on Low for 5 hours
4. Carefully remove the squash from the Crock Pot
5. Cut squash down the center and remove seeded center (this is easier said than done)
6. Scrape out the spaghetti squash!
7. Add your normal sauce, meat, and seasoning!
Homemade Garlic Bread
-1/2 cup butter
–1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
-8 ounce package of shredded mozzarella cheese
-1 tablespoon dried parsley
-1 (1 pound) load Italian bread (cut into 1/2 inch slices)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a small pan melt butter and mix with garlic powder and dried parsley (medium heat)
3. Place bread on a baking sheet. Using a basting brush, brush the butter mixture on
4. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted
5. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and any remaining butter mixture
6. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted
Leave a Reply