Originally posted 2015.
When we first got married I could only cook a handful of things. Our weekly dinner menu consisted of grilled cheese, mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, spaghetti, and hot dogs (so thankful for fast metabolisms)! We got pretty burnt out of those foods fast… I decided to start trying new recipes and I found out that I really enjoyed cooking and I was actually pretty good at it. I try to make dinner 5-6 times a week. However, I don’t have time to spend hours in a kitchen preparing dinner, so, all of the recipes that I post will be fairly simple.
Crock-Pot Chicken and Dumplings
-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-2 Tbsp butter
-2 (10.5 oz) cans cream of chicken soup
-1 (14.5 oz) can of chicken broth
-1 Tbsp dried parsley
-6 Grands refrigerator biscuits (we LOVE dumplings so you might want to use 4 biscuits instead)
-Optional: ½ onion diced
Instructions (this is the long version, I have a shorter version below in case you forget to start this early in the morning):
1. Put the chicken (thawed) and the butter in the Crock-Pot.
5. Cover. Cook on low for 8-9 hours.
6. Shred the chicken with a fork and knife in the Crock-Pot once it is fully cooked (you will be able to tell because it will shred easily).
7. Cut or tear each biscuit up into several pieces. I found cutting it into 9 pieces was the easiest.
If you forget to put this all in the Crock-Pot early in the morning or forget to thaw the chicken, not to worry! Here is a faster version:
- Put FROZEN chicken in Crock Pot with butter. Follow Steps 2-4 above. 5. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours. Follow Steps 6-10 above. 🙂