This was originally posted in January 2015. This got deleted so I’m reposting it. 🙂
Tonight is the National Championship so I’m sharing a yummy recipe that is perfect to eat while watching football (or while my hubby watches football)!
Most of my recipes I get from the internet or my mom and then I change the ingredients/directions to meet our taste buds. This is one of our favorites…Dorito Taco Bake
1lb ground turkey (can use beef instead)
1 package taco seasoning
1 package crescent rolls (don’t buy jumbo) OR 1 bag of tostada shells to layer bottom of pan
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos
Optional: diced tomatoes, sour cream, lettuce
1. Brown ground turkey and drain
This little gadget (meat masher) my mom got me is amazing!
2. Add taco seasoning, tomato sauce, and a tiny bit of water
4. Spray a lot of Pam on the pan (if using crescent rolls). I use a 9×13 pan for this.
5. Press out the crescent rolls in a pan to make the crust. OR if using tostada shells, layer at the bottom of pan
6. Layer the turkey and then cheese on top of the crust
7. Crush 3/4 bag Doritos and put on top (might want to use less, we love Doritos)
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
And… GO BUCKS!!!
Leave a Reply