Y’all, I am so blessed to call Charleston home, not only is it absolutely beautiful but there is so much to do! Now that we’ve finally gotten settled in our new home, we’ve had a lot of time to explore Charleston with our kiddos! I decided to share the Top 10 Things to Do in Charleston with Toddlers! Whether you live in Charleston or are coming for vacation, there is a lot to do in this city with toddlers! Here are my Top 10…
- South Carolina Aquarium– We had the best day spent here! The South Carolina Aquarium is beautiful and has a ton of exhibits for all ages. Camden and Ella loved looking at all the “fishies”. They even have several areas where you can touch the stingrays and starfish. We went behind the scenes and learned about how they manage the day to day operations, it was absolutely incredible how they take care of everything. The staff was so kind, patient, and informative. I can’t say enough good things.
- Rolly Pollies of Summerville– This place is SO fun! We’ve been here twice so far and participated in the Bumblebees and Butterflies combo class and loved it! The class consists of singing, dancing, climbing, and gymnastics. The staff was so patient with all of the kids and every kid that I saw loved it! Not only is this place great for kids, it’s great for parents to get out of the house and interact with other parents! They also have open gym time, a preschool, parent’s night out, and many other special events. We will be signing our kiddos up for more classes in the future.
- Outslide In– This is a new AMAZING 7,000 square foot indoor play place in the Citadel Mall. Camden and Ella had an absolute blast here! They even cried when we had to leave. They designed this place perfectly, it features a giant play structure with 4 slides, 3 party rooms, a toddler area, and a mini city for imagination play! They even have a cafe with WIFI and lounge that serves coffee, snacks, beer, and wine. My kids loved every part. Trust me, your kids will LOVE this place! I have to mention how clean it was! I was amazed. I usually cringe at play places but it was SPOTLESS! I can’t wait to go back.
- Magnolia Plantation and Gardens– Talk about one of the prettiest places, I’ve ever seen! We took the kids in their stroller and walked around for a few hours. We all loved it, there is so much to see. We took the Rice Field Boat Tour and saw a bunch of HUGE alligators, did the self-guided tour around the Swamp Garden- talk about beautiful, and just walked around the rest of the plantation. This is definitely a place we will be taking our family to when they visit.
- Palmetto Carriage Ride– We took a carriage ride in downtown Charleston one evening and then got dinner afterwards, talk about the perfect evening! The carriage ride was so fun. Camden and Ella were completely entertained by the horses and looking at everything from the carriage and Judd and I got an informative and entertaining tour of Charleston. We will be encouraging all of our family and friends who visit to take a carriage ride, it was so fun for all ages!
- Isle of Palms County Park– Both Camden and Ella LOVE the beach and this beach is very child friendly. They have parking, playground, bathrooms, food/drinks, and even a playground. Depending on the time of the year, you can also rent umbrellas and chairs. Plus, can’t ever go wrong with the beach, right?
- Explore Downtown Charleston– This is MY FAVORITE thing to do in Charleston. I could walk the streets of Charleston for hours and hours. There are markets, shops, restaurants, parks, beautiful houses, paths along the water… you name it, we have it! We love to drive here to just walk around all the beautiful streets, shop, as well as eat seafood! Camden and Ella specifically love Waterfront Park, there is so much to see and there is a fountain they love to play at and there are also swings in the park. You can’t go wrong with visiting downtown Charleston!
- Folly Beach County Park– This is probably my favorite beach in Charleston! It’s beautiful and has such a fun vibe. We park at the park because there are bathrooms but parking is easy to find up and down the beach. There are also umbrellas and chairs to rent depending on the season.
- Historic Downtown Summerville– I love that I can call Summerville our home, it has such personality! The downtown is the absolute cutest! We love taking the kiddos “downtown” to walk around, visit the market on Saturday morning, or try a new place to eat.
- Gahagan Park’s Plantation Playground– Talk about a fun playground for all ages in Summerville! There is so much to do and a lot of the park is in the shade- score! There are also tons of places to sit and they have restrooms right there.
As you can tell, I love Charleston and moving here was one of the best decisions Judd and I have ever made!
Follow me on Instagram to see more of our Charleston adventures, @mytwinmomadventures