One of my favorite meals is the Five Cheese Ziti Al Forno from Olive Garden. I have been trying to come up with a recipe that is comparable for years now… Not only did I come up with one that is comparable, I think my recipe is better than Olive Garden’s dish! It also only uses 3 cheeses compared to Olive Garden’s 5 cheeses.
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 (15 oz) jar of Alfredo Sauce- I prefer Ragu
- 1 (24 oz) jar of Marinara sauce- I prefer Prego
- 5 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup of Ricotta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Cook penne pasta with the dente instructions
- Over medium heat in a large pot, place the following: alfredo sauce, marinara sauce, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ½ cup parmesan cheese, and all of the ricotta. Stir
- Once the sauce is warm, add the pasta and stir until well mixed
- Transfer pasta to the 9×13 casserole dish/pan
- Top with the rest of the parmesan and mozzarella cheese
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Enjoy!! 🙂
Note: You could also add ground beef/turkey or grilled chicken to this!
So weird. I was just searching for information about this stuff and you popped up. You must be doing something right. Thanks by the way, this really answered some questions I was wondering about.